Beetroot & feta salad
Raw beetroot is so good! It's juicy, it's crunchy, it's earthy but sweet - and best of all, it's healthy and delicious. The colour is amazing, but be careful, beetroot juice stains hands and clothing!
- 5 small beetroots
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- handful of chopped pea shoots
- 2 spring onions
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 8 walnuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 80 g feta
- salt & pepper to taste
- Scrub the beetroot, then coarsely grate it. *Hint:* The stains of beetroot juice are hard to wash off skin and wooden chopping boards. Wear gloves and grate it into a large plastic container.
- Chop the parsley, spring onion, and the pea shoots, then add them to the mix.
- Toast the sunflower seeds and walnuts without oil in a frying pan until golden and aromatic. Let them cool down a bit before adding them to the beetroot.
- Dress with the olive oil and lemon juice, season to taste.
- Crumble the feta over the salad. Serve as a main or side.
- Bon Appetit!